Mike Bowers' 1969 Bronco
This Bronco has just about everything you might want in a bullet-proof, high performance 4X4 that looks great and is equally capable in the desert sand as well as the hardcore rocks. Mike had already gathered a few choice parts to begin his build, including the Dynatrac Dana 60's, 393 stroker, and a fairly straight rust-free tub. At WCB we took these items and used them as the foundation for a truly special Bronco built from the ground up. As you can see in the Build Sheet and the photos that follow, it includes just about every item in the WCB catalog plus tons of custom fabricated items, and everywhere an attention to detail and aesthetics.
West Coast Broncos Build Sheet
- Complete disassembly to bare frame, body tub holes patched, front inner fenders removed.
- Finish body work and high quality paint in Fire Engine Red.
- Spray-on bedliner applied inside and underneath body tub.
- Wild Horses "Buckaroo" fiberglass hood.
- Autofab urethane hood pins and American Bronco gas-charged hood struts.
- WCB custom 6-point "family" style cage with integrated seat mounts, center shifter console, spare tire tie-down, dash bar, grab handles and to-the-frame cage tie-in; powdercoated "Silver Bullet"
- WCB Long Travel Tubular Radius Arms 12" longer than stock, powdercoated "Silver Bullet".
- WCB Long Travel Tubular Front Shock Hoops with custom cross-over brace, powdercoated "Silver Bullet".
- Deaver single rate front coil springs and 11-pack rear leaf springs.
- Dual Rancho RS9000 shocks front and rear.
- Integrated mounting brackets for TFI coil, adjustable fuel pressure regulator and mass airflow meter built into shock hoop cross-over brace.
- WCB custom tubular core support with integrated mounts for hood pins, hood struts and electric radiator fan; powdercoated "Silver Bullet".
- WCB custom tubular rear anti-wrap system, powdercoated "Silver Bullet".
- WCB custom transfer case skid plate, powdercoated "Silver Bullet".
- WCB custom tubular pre-runner style front and rear bumpers, powdercoated gloss black.
- WCB Extreme Duty Rocker Guards, fitted and capped, powdercoated gloss black.
- WCB custom dash with gauge and switch layout, modified to cover windshield wiper motor, powdercoated "Silver Bullet".
- Autometer Pro-Comp gauges: GPS speedometer, tachometer, oil pressure, water temperature, volts, transmission temperature, and fuel level.
- K-Four triple-sealed toggle switches and indicator lamps.
- Centech chassis wiring harness, professionally installed with extensive modifications for custom equipment.
- Duel red-top Optima batteries in custom fabricated battery tray integraded into body tub under passenger seat.
- Flaming River polished stainless steel tilt steering column.
- Nick's Trix billet aluminum steering column cover.
- WCB wide brake pedal, powdercoated "Silver Bullet".
- PRP rear suspension bench seat; DJ Safety harnesses front and rear.
- 02 Air Source 12V onboard air system.
- WCB Rockcrawler power steering gear box mounted with WCB Rockcrawler Box Adapter Kit.
- Saginaw power steering pump with WCB brackets and hoses.
- Stonecrusher steering tie rod and drag link with DOM tubing and heim joints.
- Ruffstuff Specialties Extreme Duty Dana 60 Differential Covers (front and rear), powdercoated "Silver Bullet".
- Wild Horses ceramic coated shorty headers.
- Custom 2-into-1 exhaust with Flowmaster muffler.
- Custom fuel system plumbing with Aeromotive fuel rails, adjustable fuel pressure regulator and inline filter, plumbed with braided stainless steel AN hoses and fittings.
- Hydroboost brake system with Corvette master cylinder.
- Derale 17" RAD electric radiator fan; Derale rigid blade mechanical fan.
- Derale Hypercool stacked plate extreme duty transmission fluid cooler with electric fan and thermostatic switch.
- HID off-road lights mounted on front bumper.
- WCB Heavy Duty long travel driveshafts front and rear.
- Winters gated cable shifter.
- Powdercoating of many small parts including coil spring cups and retainers, leaf spring retainer plates, miscellaneous brackets, etc.
Existing Items at Beginning of WCB Build
- 351W engine stroked to 393 cubic inches, with Edelbrock aluminum heads, Trick Flow EFI intake, Painless EFI harness, etc.
- Dynatrac front and rear Dana 60 axle assemblies with 4.88 gears, ARB air lockers, 35-spline alloy axles and CTM U-joints.
- Atlas II transfer case.
- Rebuilt and beefed up C6 automatic transmission.
- Wild Horses "View Finder" stainless steel windshield frame.
- ProCar Rally front seats.
Project Photo Gallery
(Photos are out of chronological order)
57454 Aviation Dr., Yucca Valley, CA 92284
Tel. (760) 365-7890 • Emergency Cell Phone (760) 220-8232
© 2008 WEST COAST BRONCOS, INC.